Archive for January, 2011

For the first meeting of the year, we’ll be looking at what we should choose as important topics for the year ahead.

The carers group selected:

  • crisis response
  • respite for carers
  • medication – information including alternatives and how to reduce them
  • discharge – from secondary care and readmission when needed

Should the forum choose the same priorities or different ones?

Come along to the meeting and let us know – all welcome.


Read Full Post »

Travel passes

We know that people have had a lot of difficulty in getting a travel pass when they are disabled because of a mental health issue. But it is still worth applying, especially if medication effects or distress means you would be refused a driving licence.

There is a report in the Star, saying that you can now get the forms from the St Helens bus station – you don’t have to go into Liverpool to Hatton Garden –

“As the ticket unit at Merseytravel’s head office in Hatton Garden is now closed, passes are now available from all seven Merseytravel centres and post offices across Merseyside, including St Helens.

In St Helens you can apply at the Merseytravel Centre at St Helens Bus Station, Bickerstaffe Street or any post office in the borough.

Merseytravel offers free travel on buses, trains and Mersey Ferries if you live in Merseyside and are aged 60 or over, or if you have certain disabilities.

Further details are available from any Merseytravel Centre, by calling 0151 236 6056, minicom 0151 330 1270 or by going to merseytravel.gov.uk.

You can also write to Hub Support, Merseytravel, 24 Hatton Garden, Liverpool L3 2AN.

To apply, you will need to supply proof of age and that your address is in Merseyside.

If you are applying at a Merseytravel Centre, a photograph will be taken at the counter.

Read Full Post »